Thursday, March 11, 2010

Don't act it, or show it - just do it.

Oh Selvedge Yard... You are a blog from a bygone era.

This Selvedge Yard post about James Dean hit home for me today.


















To quote:
"I love that story.  It’s like, don’t go through the motions like you’re doing something– actually do it.  How you live, move and breathe should be natural.  Speaking for myself– so many times in life, it’s like we’re so busy planning out our routines instead of encountering life naturally.  Not that all planning is bad, but we’re focused on the efficiency, convenience, routine all the time- and also how the world sees us.  What should I say?   What should I wear?   What will people think of me?  Blah, blah, blah.  And life becomes stale.  It becomes predictable.  It can become this sad little trap that ultimately is the end to all means. We stop anticipating or welcoming anything unplanned, different, or unexpected because we wouldn’t know what to do with it.  Where would I fit this into my neat little plan?
I wonder sometimes what I’m missing out on in life because I don’t want to be inconvenienced.  Because I don’t want to take my eyes off the hamster wheel under my feet and look up.  Stop planning and analyzing everything to death– just do it."

2 comments:

  1. Sara- I just found your blog and if you don't mind I would like to be a reader!
    Good luck with all of your much goings on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! Thanks! Of course you're welcome to read as often as you like.

    ReplyDelete