Monday, June 27, 2011

Chili Cheese Dip

Fourth of July is next Monday, and when I think Fourth of July I think fireworks and food.

So this week I'm going to try to pull together all of the recipes that I plan on bringing to the BBQ on Monday.

The first is Chili Cheese Dip.

At a recent family party, my cousin in-law walked in the door with the ingredients for this dip, it was ready in a blink and gone in 2 blinks.

Seriously, so good.... AND, as per my requirement, super simple. (Unfortunately, this does not qualify under the 'healthy' requirement, but every once in awhile we let that one slide.)

Chili Cheese Dip

1 can of chili (just the normal smallish can size, any type you like)
1 pack of cream cheese (or neufchatel, same thing fewer calories)
1 bag of chips (tortilla or fritos)

1. Open the can of chili and dump it into a microwaveable safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes on high.

2. Remove from microwave and add the cream cheese. Stir until combined. Cream cheese should get all soft and melty and blend nicely.

3. Hoard it in the kitchen and eat with chips, because as soon as anone else catches the scent they'll come a runnin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment