Sunday, November 13, 2011

Warrior

I'm not into UFC.

Fighting doesn't appeal to me as a philosophy, a sport or entertainment.

So if it seems a little out of place to say that Warrior is one of my favorite movies of all time, I'm right with you. How could a movie about fighting appeal to someone who has an aversion to fighting?

Well, probably because this movie isn't really about fighting. It's about a family.

It is a riveting, perfectly written, perfectly acted, beautiful portrayal. The story comes first, and the fighting is really just... scenery.

I saw it back in September in the theaters, and it just came out in our local dollar theater. Husband and I went to see it yesterday and it blew me away again. I think we'll be going again this week. I can't get enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment